Variable Data Printing (VDP) is personalised print technology. VDP is a method of printing that makes use of advanced software to change the output of a digital printing press. This allows you to personalise each printed material with unique content. This innovation delivers a completely customised marketing experience. VDP is usually used for direct marketing campaigns, newsletters, postcards, brochures, and catalogs.
With Variable Data Printing, you can add your clients name, address, and fully personalise the marketing material with different artwork to suit your client’s individual style. Its advanced technology allows you to change artwork, colours, and backgrounds based on information collected on your client, giving you the opportunity to understand their style and taste – and speak to their demographic.
IE: Print a different design on your marketing material for different kinds of clients, personalised to suit their preference. This makes the marketing message relevant to the individual receiving it. This marketing approach has proven to be incredibly effective.
Why Personalised Marketing Works
Personalised marketing gets the attention of the audience. This approach works because a person is more likely to look at and engage with a message that is customised just for them. There is data that proves personalised marketing works and the numbers speak for themselves:
- 86% of consumers say personalised marketing leads to purchase decision.
- 75% of consumers prefer personalised offers and messaging from brands.
- 80% of consumers appreciate it when brands provide personalised product or service suggestions.
Personalised Printing and Direct Mail
One of the most popular personalised print marketing tools is direct mail. People are more engaged and appreciative of tangible marketing as opposed to digital marketing. And when this tangible print marketing is personalised to their individual needs, it is even more of a memorable marketing experience.
79% of consumers find that reading printed mail is more convenient and engaging that online mail or digital marketing content.
Variable Data Printing and Post Cards
Postcards are a tried and tested marketing asset, and when combined with personalised elements, they become even more powerful. Postcards are a successful marketing tactic because they are the right size to hold, read, and pass around. They engage the reader as they interact with the printed piece, which means that they don’t just skim the content, they actually retain the message.
Making use of Variable Data Printing for your postcard campaigns will make your audience engage even further with your content and they will be more likely to act on your call to action.
Here are some tips to help you create a successful personalised postcard campaign:
- Change the background and images to appeal to certain demographics, age groups, and income brackets. The more data you have on your clients, the more personalised you can get!
- Take personalisation a step further and add discount codes based on the client’s birthday.
- If your business has a franchise/branches in a variety of locations, add the business address closest to the client.
- Add QR Codes, discount codes and personalised URLs.
- Change artwork to match income, geography and age.
- Add a map directing the customer from their home to your business.
Jetline: Professional Printed Company South Africa
The Jetline print professionals work with you to discover the best way to personalise your marketing material. From adding your customers name and birthday, to changing backgrounds and images. It all comes down to strategy and advanced printing solutions.
Contact your closest Jetline branch and create a powerful personalised print campaign!